Hi, I’m SJ, wife, mom, and ordained pastor. I’ve overcome multiple chronic illnesses, but still have chronic pain every day. Here’s my journey of progress over perfection with life hacks and hope.
- Mistakes I Made In My Health Journey (And How You Can Do Better!) It’s easy to blame my doctors for not giving me a proper diagnosis. But it’s harder to examine myself to see how I contributed to the problem. I’ve made some mistakes in my health journey. While I wish I could go back and change them, the best thing I can do is to keep moving forward […]
- A Theology of Chronic IllnessWhy me? I think everyone who has ever had any kind of illness asks, “why me?” At first, my answer was that everyone gets injured sometimes. Because I became chronically ill as a high school student, my chronic illness was mistaken for sports injuries. But when none of the typical treatments worked and then a […]
- How to Handle Food LossHave you ever been told that you have food sensitivities or food intolerances? Or maybe instead of doing the blood work or seeing an allergist, your doctor put you on an elimination diet. Food loss is hard. Even though it’s not a huge tragedy, there still is a lot of grief that goes along with […]
- How To Stay Organized With Chronic Pain Have you ever done a bunch of organization only to feel a month later like you’re completely disorganized again? I know that I have done this. In my last post I wrote about how to organize with chronic illness. Now, I want to share the systems and things that help me stay organized. It’s easy […]
- How to Organize With Chronic IllnessIn my last post I covered how to declutter with chronic illness. I will tell you that the most important step of organizing is to get rid of what you aren’t using. So if you haven’t read that yet go back and read it. (You can ctrl+click to open it in a new tab to […]
- How To Declutter With Chronic IllnessWhether or not you are looking to move, it’s important to declutter on a regular basis. Our stuff can weigh us down and affect our health. While recently cleaning out the shelves in my closet, I found some old CD cases from when I was a teenager and the dust on it made me break […]