Hi, I’m SJ, wife, mom, and ordained pastor. I’ve overcome multiple chronic illnesses, but still have chronic pain every day. Here’s my journey of progress over perfection with life hacks and hope.
- How to Handle Food LossHave you ever been told that you have food sensitivities or food intolerances? Or maybe instead of doing the blood work or seeing an allergist, your doctor put you on an elimination diet. Food loss is hard. Even though it’s not a huge tragedy, there still is a lot of grief that goes along with […]
- How To Stay Organized With Chronic Pain Have you ever done a bunch of organization only to feel a month later like you’re completely disorganized again? I know that I have done this. In my last post I wrote about how to organize with chronic illness. Now, I want to share the systems and things that help me stay organized. It’s easy […]
- How to Organize With Chronic IllnessIn my last post I covered how to declutter with chronic illness. I will tell you that the most important step of organizing is to get rid of what you aren’t using. So if you haven’t read that yet go back and read it. (You can ctrl+click to open it in a new tab to […]
- How To Declutter With Chronic IllnessWhether or not you are looking to move, it’s important to declutter on a regular basis. Our stuff can weigh us down and affect our health. While recently cleaning out the shelves in my closet, I found some old CD cases from when I was a teenager and the dust on it made me break […]
- How To Manage Stress And Chronic IllnessIt is one of the most frustrating things when your doctor tells you that you need to manage your stress better to improve your health because the primary thing stressing you out is your health! Whether or not you are navigating a chronic illness, these stress busting tips will help you learn how to master […]
- How To Meal Plan When You’re Chronically IllI’ve already covered how to save money when you’re chronically ill. Here’s how to meal plan when you’re chronically ill… or just get some general meal planning hacks. Most health experts would agree that eating more vegetables is better for everyone. In my own healthy eating journey, making the shift from following restrictive diets to […]