Hi, I’m SJ, wife, mom, and ordained pastor. I’ve overcome multiple chronic illnesses, but still have chronic pain every day. Here’s my journey of progress over perfection with life hacks and hope.
- How To Manage Stress And Chronic IllnessIt is one of the most frustrating things when your doctor tells you that you need to manage your stress better to improve your health because the primary thing stressing you out is your health! Whether or not you are navigating a chronic illness, these stress busting tips will help you learn how to master […]
- How To Meal Plan When You’re Chronically IllI’ve already covered how to save money when you’re chronically ill. Here’s how to meal plan when you’re chronically ill… or just get some general meal planning hacks. Most health experts would agree that eating more vegetables is better for everyone. In my own healthy eating journey, making the shift from following restrictive diets to […]
- Tips For Moving With Chronic PainMoving is a pain. Moving when you have chronic pain is even more challenging. Between grad school, marriage, and new jobs, I’ve moved five times since graduating college. Here are the best moving hacks I’ve found whether or not you have chronic pain. Tips For Moving Start early The sooner you can start purging and […]
- How To Be More Productive At WorkWhether you are trying to save your energy for what matters most or save time at work, it’s important to be as productive as you can be while working. These are the tech shortcuts I’ve learned for how to be more efficient while working. Because I’ve lived with chronic pain for over a decade and […]
- How To Save Money When You’re Chronically IllThe financial impacts of chronic illness can be devastating – from lost work time to medical debt to supplemental therapy costs. Here’s how I’ve managed to afford therapies that aren’t covered by insurance and other health habits. Live Frugally By Budgeting When I came to terms with the fact that I was chronically ill, I […]
- How To Stop A Food CravingIt’s hard to control cravings for food. Learn how to stop a food craving with these foolproof strategies. I used to weigh 200lbs. I’m ashamed to say that, but at the same time, I’m now proud to say that I’ve lost over 60lbs (well I did gain it back once and then had to lose […]